Many couples we have helped throughout the “wedding planning” years confessed, that in the beginning of the process, hiring a person to do my job at their wedding was only a consideration, as many think that wedding planners duties can be carried out without any help. All these couples also confessed that they if they didn’t hire us for the job they would have either gone crazy in the process or would not have been able to pull it off, never mind enjoying the best day of their lives.
Our testimonials show that our couples have nothing but enjoyed their day and it is our utmost priority that this happens with each and every wedding!
If you are unsure what goes into the wedding planner’s duty list, here is a brief point description
- Discuss with the bride and groom to get a feel of the wedding day envisaged and take all the necessary notes.
- Keep in touch with the couple all throughout the planning of their big day
- Handle things from beginning to end making sure all the little details are covered and taken care of
- Design the look and feel as requested
- Keep things organized and within budget
- Find and manage vendors and look for best possible deals
- Coordinate all the suppliers hired, give them respective set up timings and re confirm details
- Design a wedding program to be distributed to all the suppliers and people involved to ensure everyone has at hand the same details
- Attend meetings with the vendors on your behalf
- Make sure your wedding day goes smoothly:-
- Coordinate all details on the actual day from behind the scenes
- Check all food items with the caterer and go through any specific details or changes given by the wedding couple
- Check restrooms and general cleanliness of the venue
- Make sure food is being served at a good flow
- Replenish alcohol bottles to bar stations (using a one in one out system)
- Work hand in hand with the best man/men (if applicable)
- Make sure bride and groom are also being served
- Assist the bride with any possible mishaps if required
- Take charge of any emergencies which might arise on the day to ensure all goes well as expected
- Check the after party location and make sure everything is ready as expected (if applicable)
- Make sure bars are closed according to the time stipulated by the couple.
Some couples prefer to be in charge of their own wedding planning and this is absolutely fine, but if you feel you don’t have the time to do it or that it might stress you out, especially those who are seeking at getting married abroad, remember that there are a lot of very good and genuine wedding planners ready to help you out without breaking the bank. I assure you that it would be worth the while looking into it sooner rather than later.